Ecommercetutors providing you with Current Affairs of the complete year 2020 for CSS, PMS, PPSC, FPSC and all one paper competitive examinations in a single PDF file that you can download freely. These notes are completely hand written after collecting information from different sources like DAWN, The NEWS, Express Tribune etc. In these notes, you’ll get updated information about Pakistan and its institutions.
Some of the important Current Affairs are given below:
Q.1: When Iran’s most powerful military commander, Gen Qasem Soleimani, was killed by a US air strike in Iraq.
- Killed in US air strike on 3rd Jan, 2020.
- Heading Iran’s Qudus Elite Force which was unit of
Iran’s Revolutionarily Guard.
- Killed at Baghdad Airport along with Iraq’s Militia
Commander Abu Mahdi Al- Muhandis.
- After death of Qasim Sulemani, Iran’s Supreme Leader
Ayatullah Khamenei appointed Brigadier Esmail Qaa’ni
as commander of Qudus Force.
- Funeral prayer offered on 6th Jan,2020
- 3 days mourning was announced countrywide. Subscribe My Channel
Q:2. How many spots Pakistan dropped on Global Corruption Perceptions Index 2019 ?
- Transparency International on Thursday 23rd
Jan, 2020 released Global Corruption
Perceptions Index 2019.
- Dropped 3 spots in 2019.
- In 2018,it was on 117 while in 2019 it is on
- Pakistan ranked 120 out of 180 countries.
- Score in 2019: 32
- Score in 2018: 33
Q. 3: When Services Chiefs’ Tenure Amendment Bill,2020 was passed by National Assembly of Pakistan ?
- Bill passed in National Assembly: on 7th January,
- Passed by senate: 8th Jan.
- Amendments were made in Army Act 1952, Pakistan Air Force Act 1953
and Pak Navy Act 1961.
- Now called: The Pakistan Army (Amendment ) Bill, 2020, The Air Force
(Amendment) Bill 2020 and Pakistan Navy (amendment ) bill 2020.
- Senate Chairman Sadiq Sanjarni chaired the session.
- Defense Minster Pervez Khattak tabled the bill.
- As per amendments, the hiring of services’ chiefs and CJCSC would be
- PM decision, appointment can not be challenged in any court.
- Age limit fixed 64 in the case of reappointment and extension
otherwise the officer will retire at the age of 60 years.
- Supreme Court on 28th November, 2019 allowed extension to General
Bajwa for 6 months and asked Govt to determine the tenure or law
within the period.