Ecommerce Tutors providing you with the best and most asked Prepositions in CSS/PMS, FPSC/PPSC, FCPS, BPSC, IAS and all competitive examinations. You’ll get detailed version of Prepositions with examples in PDF for free and can download on a single click. You can also download books, one liner capsules, and publications related to Current Affairs, Pakistan Affairs, World Affairs, General Knowledge etc.
150 prepositions, including:
• 94 one-word prepositions
• 56 complex prepositions
• 370 example sentences
List of Contents
2. Simple prepositions
3. Complex prepositions
4. Additional Material
Why 150 prepositions?
It is not possible to produce a definitive list of English prepositions. That means that nobody can create a list of prepositions and say: “Here are all the prepositions in the English language – no more and no fewer.” Why? Because complex prepositions can theoretically be added to the language at any time. This eBook lists all 94 one-word prepositions (which are unlikely to change or be added to) and 56 complex prepositions (which may possibly be added to as the language evolves). This total of 150 prepositions is comprehensive at the time of writing, and represents all the prepositions currently found in a good English dictionary such as the Concise Oxford Dictionary.
Some of them are given below:
• We went aboard the boat.
• Is there a doctor aboard the plane?
• What do you think about Mary?
• Let’s talk about something different.
• I’ve just read a book about President Kennedy.
• The lion was pacing about its cage.
• We are flying above the clouds.
• We live in the hills, 1,000 meters above sea-level.
• It’s only two degrees above freezing point. [+2ºC] • Who came above you in the test results?
• We drove across the desert.
• The dog ran across the road.
• There is a bridge across the river.
after (also conj.)
• We had lunch [1pm] after the meeting [11am].
• Let’s meet the day after tomorrow.
• Did you vote for or against the suggestion?
• He put his bicycle against the wall.
• We walked along the beach for two miles.
• There are trees along the road.
• The toilet is along the corridor.
• Their boat came alongside our boat.
• Team A worked alongside Team B during
• I couldn’t hear her amid the noise.
• We were lost amidst the trees.